Report permit & license, property, and building & construction concerns easily through new self-service forms

Home with boarded windows and an incomplete aged fence
Concerns about vacant houses can be reported through a new self-service form.

We’re making it easier for you to tell us about concerns you’re seeing in your neighbourhood related to permits and licenses, properties, as well as building and construction.

Instead of having to contact 311, you can now use the newly launched self-service forms to report various issues. These include a home-based business without a permit; an illegal rooming house or occupancy of an apartment, business, or commercial building without a permit; construction work without a permit; and maintenance concerns of a vacant or derelict building or lawn, yard, garage, shed, and exterior buildings.

You can also use the new forms to request an inspection of a mobile sign; fences; commercial or multi-family outdoor lighting issues; or unsafe electrical, structural, construction, or demolition concerns.

The self-service forms capture all the details we need to investigate and can be filled out when it is convenient for you without having to wait on hold for 311. Should you wish to contact 311 instead, that is still an option.

Once you submit the form, the information is sent directly to the area responsible for investigating the concern. You will be given a reference number so you can track the progress of the request.

We’re continuing to add forms for our most frequently received requests. You can find the most popular and seasonally-specific forms in the “I want to report” section on our homepage. You can also use the filter options in the City Services search feature to find additional self-service forms.

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.