Transcona Cemetery is located at the intersection of Dugald Road and the Perimeter Highway. It serves as the final resting place of more than 5,000 people and includes a Field of Honour where more than 300 Veterans and Service Members have been interred.
Location: 5014 Dugald Rd.
Hours: A complete list of Grounds and Office Hours can be found on our contact page. Please note that there is no administration office at Transcona Cemetery. The administration office for all three cemeteries is located at Brookside Cemetery.
Transcona Cemetery currently has a wide range of in-ground casket and cremation options, as well as above ground columbaria space available. Please view our Products and Services page or contact us for more information.
Features & special areas:
- Casket burial lots
- Cremation burial lots
- Columbaria (above ground cremation interment)
- Memorial boulders
- Field of Honour
- 37 acres (total cemetery area)
- More than 5,000 burials
Transcona Cemetery was first opened in 1914 by the Municipality of Transcona. The City of Winnipeg took ownership of the cemetery in 1972 when the municipalities amalgamated as part of the broader ‘Unicity’, which saw 13 municipalities amalgamate to form the City of Winnipeg in which we know today.
The Field of Honour at Transcona Cemetery is the final resting place of more than 300 Veterans and Service Members. A memorial cross was unveiled within the Field of Honour in 1987 to commemorate the Veterans interred within the Cemetery. In 2020, a Bridge of Remembrance was erected to honour the 119 fallen soldiers who died during WWI and WWII and were buried overseas. The bridge connects the older Field of Honour area with the newly expanded area to the west.