From wading pools to programming, Community Services looking to hire summer recreation staff

City of Winnipeg looking to fill roughly 100 seasonal Recreation Technician positions

If you are looking for summer work, enjoy helping children, and want to make an impact in your community, a Recreation Technician position might be what you are looking for.

Every summer, the City of Winnipeg's Community Services Department offers programming for preschool, children, and youth at various locations. In addition, the Department operates several aquatic wading pool facilities. Around 100 Recreation Technicians, in addition to existing employees, are needed to make sure everything runs smoothly.

The positions are ideal for students who are looking for employment. A minimum of Grade 10 education is required; however, a Grade 12 or equivalent with experience is an asset. Emergency First Aid or higher and a valid CPR Level C certificate are also required.

While the overall position is a Recreation Technician, there are seven different job openings available, including Wading Pool Attendant, Youth leader, Adapted Services Leader, Children's Leader, Pre-School Leader, Building Supervisor and Facility Monitor, and Equipment Loans and Equipment Delivery.

Each position has its own requirements. Applicants are encouraged to rank the seven job positions in order of preference, with one being the most preferred and seven being the least preferred, when applying. The salary ranges from $11.47 to $16.70 per hour.

Interested individuals should apply online by visiting the City's HR careers page (posting #117402) and then come in person to one of the three recruitment fairs being held in March. Interviews will be conducted at the recruitment fairs only. Applicants will need to bring copies bring their current resume, as well as photocopies of their current Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C certificates.

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.