We are now accepting applications for the Winnipeg 150 Community Celebration Grant.
Existing festivals, events, museums, and other organizations who operate within Winnipeg and incorporate the Winnipeg 150 theme: Our shared stories. Our shared future. into their 2024 programming can apply for grants of up to $5,000. Funding for the grants is subject to Council’s approval of the 2024-2027 multi-year budget.
How to submit an application
Applicants must complete the application form and submit it to the City Clerk’s Department on or prior to January 31, 2024.
The applicant must ensure that:
- The grant issued is used to fund the initiative set out in the application form
- The expenses which the grant was applied for are incurred prior to February 28, 2025
- The grants issued under the Program are used only to defray expenses incurred to provide the activity or initiative for which the grant was sought and not to enrich or profit the organization or the members of the group that is the recipient of the grant;
- A report is provided to the City of Winnipeg prior to April 30, 2025 setting out the uses of the grant funds; and
- Any grant funds that are unused are returned to the City of Winnipeg.
When applying, provide as much information and detail as possible. This includes a description of the project, the purpose for which the grant funds will be used to support the promotion of the Winnipeg 150 theme: Our shared stories. Our shared future. (for example: children’s activities, festival booth, banners, etc.), and any other applicable information.
For questions about operating grant applications, please contact City Clerk’s.
Submit the completed application form to the City Clerk's Department by mail, email, or fax.
City Clerk's Department
Susan A. Thompson Building
510 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1B9
Email: City Clerk's
Only applicants who have been approved for funding will be notified in writing. Any approved grants will be subject to the applicant and the City entering into a grant agreement setting out the terms and conditions of such funding.
For inquiries about your application, please contact City Clerk’s.