Winnipeg, MB – At 10:04 p.m. on Monday, May 15, 2023, the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responded to reports of a fire in a single-storey commercial structure on Dufferin Avenue.
When crews arrived on scene, they found smoke and flames coming from the structure. Crews entered and quickly extinguished the fire and ventilated the smoke from the building.
All employees at the facility safely self-evacuated prior to the arrival of crews. No injuries were reported.
Observations suggest the fire was accidental, caused by overheating food production equipment. Damage estimates are not available at this time.