Winnipeg, MB – At 11:37 a.m. on Sunday, November 20, 2022, the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) responded to reports of a fire in a two-storey home in the 100 block of Shamrock Drive.
At the scene, crews saw flames and smoke coming from the home. Firefighters attacked the fire from the inside. The fire was under control at 12:20 p.m.
Everyone got out of the home safely. Paramedics assessed one patient and transportation to the hospital was not required.
Preliminary observations suggest the fire was accidental and caused by the use of a small appliance. The damages to the home were mostly contained to the area of the fire.