Winnipeg, MB - The City’s Public Works Department is monitoring the Alberta clipper headed for Manitoba tomorrow. If conditions warrant, any required sanding, salting and plowing efforts will initially focus on main routes.
The residential plowing operation will also continue as scheduled until Saturday morning. Residents are encouraged to check knowyourzone.winnipeg.ca for the clearing schedule and information on how to locate an address’ associated zone and when plows will be in the area.
Further decisions will be made dependent upon the amount of snow received.
As the City of Winnipeg continues to cleanup following the Sunday and Monday’s major winter weather event, some city services continue to experience delays and interruptions.
Garbage and Recycling collection is running two to three days behind schedule in some areas. (See below for more information.)
For updates on City services, please follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/cityofwinnipeg or on Twitter at @CityofWinnipeg.
Current snow clearing information is available at City of Winnipeg - Snow Operations Update.
Updated: Water and Waste
- Due to the heavy snowfall and to ensure the safety of residents and garbage and recycling collection staff, collection was suspended on Monday, December 26.
- If Monday was your regular collection day and your carts have not been collected, please call 311 to report a missed pick up.
- If Tuesday is your regular collection day and your carts have not been picked up by 4 p.m. today, please call 311 to report a missed pick up.
- If Wednesday or Thursday is your regular collection day, please leave your carts out until 10 p.m. tonight. If you carts have not been collected by 10 p.m. please put them away to allow for street clearing and then place them out by 7 a.m. tomorrow (Friday).
- Residents with Friday as your regular collection day should put your carts out as usual. If your carts have not been collected by 10 p.m., please put them away to allow for street clearing and then place them out by 7 a.m. the following morning.
- Collection crews will be working to catch up throughout the week. Collection may continue to be delayed on those streets and lanes that have not had snow clearing.
- Tips for placing your cart during winter are available at City of Winnipeg - Cart Placement.
- For more information on your recycling and garbage collection day:
- Visit City of Winnipeg - Collection Days
- Contact 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by phone or by email at email@example.com
- Download the My Waste app at winnipeg.ca/mywaste
- Brady Road Resource Management Facility is open and operating as normal.
Updated: Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service
- Ambulance response times are continuing to improve as the City’s street clearing operation makes headway. No additional ambulances have been placed in service for today.
- If required, Public Works crews remain on standby to assist WFPS crews in responding to calls for emergency service.
- Response times are being monitored and additional resources will be placed on duty if necessary. Adverse weather conditions affect travel times for all vehicles on the road, including emergency vehicles.
Winnipeg Transit and Handi-Transit
- Winnipeg Transit is operating on schedule. However, Transit users are encouraged to continue to allow for extra travel time and to check their schedules prior to travelling at winnipegtransit.com until the completion of the residential snow clearing operation (Saturday, December 31 at 7:00 a.m.).
- For route and schedule information, please visit winnipegtransit.com or contact 311, open 24 hours every day, by phone at 311 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Handi-Transit has resumed transporting all scheduled trips.
- Handi-Transit clients are asked to make every effort to ensure their property has safe access for Handi-Transit drivers.
Planning, Property and Development
- Brookside, Transcona or St. Vital cemeteries are now open but the public is asked to use caution when visiting as some roadways are prone to drifting and remain snow packed.
- It is recommended that the public visit City of Winnipeg - Cemeteries or contact 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by phone or by email at email@example.com, before travelling, to confirm the cemeteries are open and accessible.
The City of Winnipeg would like to thank citizens for their patience. We will continue to provide updates as conditions change.
Citizens can assist in keeping their families safe by reviewing winter safety tips and emergency preparedness tips at EmergWeb - Winter Safety.