Occupancy certificate

An occupancy certificate is required prior to reoccupying the following:

  • Boarded vacant residential buildings
  • Buildings issued a no-occupancy order

Occupancy certificates are issued when:

  • An occupancy certificate inspection occurs; and
  • The By-law Officer deems the building compliant with Vacant Buildings By-law Division 3–Sec. 13(1) or 13(2)

Occupancy certificates expire if:

  • A new no-occupancy order is issued
  • The building is re-boarded

Request an occupancy certificate inspection


Licensing & Bylaw Enforcement
395 Main St.
Winnipeg, MB
R3B 3N8



Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.