A Community Emergency Advisory Committee (CEAC) is the committee of members of the community to advise the Emergency Management Leadership Team on the development of emergency preparedness programs and emergency plans required by The Emergency Measures Act.
The CEAC is responsible for:
- advising the City on the development of an Emergency Preparedness Program, including an Emergency Plan; and
- participating in and guiding City efforts toward raising public awareness of emergency management, with particular emphasis on the development of an Emergency Preparedness Week.
- Councillor Orlikow, Chair
- Councillor Chambers, Vice-Chair
Appointments for a 2-year term to expire December 31, 2023:
- Brenda Catchpole
- Donald Fletcher
- Olawale David Jegede
Appointments for a 2-year term to expire December 31, 2024:
- Heba Abd El Hamid
- Luigi Imbrogno
- Patrick McCarthy
- Carol McCorrister
Section 3 of the City of Winnipeg Emergency Management By-Law No. 59/2020 dated May 15, 2020, as adopted by Council on June 26, 2020.
At least 5 members, as nominated by the Emergency Coordinator, shall consist of members of the community representing the diversity of Winnipeg’s population and, in particular:
- Indigenous peoples
- Newcomers to Canada
- Persons with disabilities
Lisa Gilmour, Emergency Management Coordinator
Council Building, 510 Main St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1B9