Help prevent pool closures
- Avoid eating one hour prior to swimming to avoid upset stomach
- Ensure that children are taken to the washroom prior to swimming and frequently take breaks during swimming
- Non-toilet trained infants/toddlers and participants who experience incontinence must wear the appropriate leak-proof garments
- Participants should not swim if they feel ill, have an upset stomach, diarrhea or have vomited in the past day
- Change diapers in the change rooms (not pool side) and dispose of them properly
- Wash your hands after using the toilet or changing diapers
Pool closures are a result of the contamination of pool water by fecal matter and vomit or reduced water clarity. Water quality must be within the appropriate range set by the Public Health Act before swimmers can enter the pool.