Road construction map
More information: Lane closures
Click on a highlighted project. An information box will appear with these project details:
- type of infrastructure (street, alley, sidewalk, traffic signal, bridge project, pedestrian and cycling path),
- type of construction work (reconstruction, rehabilitation, mill & fill, thin bituminous overlay, improvements within the right-of-way)
- estimated to start,
- estimated to end,
- approximate percentage completed:
- Pre-Construction – Construction phase has not started.
- 0% – Construction contract is in place, but crews have not mobilized to the site.
- 5% – Crews have mobilized to the site and construction has just begun.
- 10% 90% – An approximation of progress; construction is well underway.
- 95% – Main roadway construction is complete; travelling lanes are open/parking is restored/garbage pickup resumes (depending on the location); minor deficiencies and landscaping (seeding/sod) are likely outstanding.
- COMPLETE – All construction components of the project are complete. Contractor may return for any follow up or warranty work in the next 1-2 years. Utilities (e.g. street lights) may or may not be complete. Construction may not be complete for other locations in the same contract.
- consultant information, and
- contractor information.
Note: As construction projects get underway this season the information about start dates and completion dates will be updated to reflect the actual project timeline.
Disclaimer and Indemnity:
The information on this web site is provided as a public service and should be used for general information purposes only. Although the information provided represents the planned capital work on city infrastructure for the current year, the City of Winnipeg cannot guarantee that it is accurate or current at all times. Although it is rare that projects are not finished within the stated timeframe, the City cannot guarantee that the work will be completed in all cases.
The information on this web site is subject to change without notice. Winnipeg.ca AND ITS AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES HOWSOEVER CAUSED RESULTING FROM THE USE, MISUSE OR MISINTERPRETATION OF ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE.
By using this site, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless City of Winnipeg and its officials, officers, employees and authorized representatives from and against any liability, loss injury (including injuries resulting in death), demand, action, cost, expense, or claim of any kind, including but not limited to lawyer's fees, relating in any way to your use of the contents, or services provided by this web site.