- Frozen water pipes
- Combined Sewer Overflows
- Discoloured water FAQs
- Recycling and Garbage Collection - Current Status
- Water main activity
We are a large department that helps protect public health, property and the environment by:
- supplying, treating and distributing high quality drinking water,
- collecting and treating sewage,
- managing land drainage and flood control,
- collecting and disposing of solid waste, and
- providing recycling and waste minimization programs.
Our legal mandate:
City Council has final authority to set water and sewer rates and approve by-law amendments which incorporate changes to existing rates for department services.
We report administratively to the Chief Administrative Officer, and politically to the Standing Policy Committee on Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works.
Last updated: November 21, 2014