Allotment Gardens | Community Gardens
Individual garden plots are available for rent through the Community Garden Information Centre. Individuals are responsible for planting and maintaining their own plot. Garden plots are rented from May to October and plot rentals may be renewed each year. The City of Winnipeg has a limited number of garden plots available for rent to the general public.
Returning garden plot renters have the first right of refusal and must renew their plot rental by March 29 each year.
If you are a new renter, available plots can be rented beginning at 9:00am on April 8 by calling 204-832-5865 or by coming to 2795 Ness Avenue.
Click here for an interactive map to find available Garden Allotments (check back on April 8 for plots available to new renters). Either select 'Garden Plot' under the Amenities tab, or search by Keyword.
- Serviced plots are tilled each year
- Unserviced plots are not tilled
- Water is not available at these locations
- Fees are:
- Serviced - $48.30 per season (includes GST)
- Unserviced - $31.50 per season (includes GST)
Community gardens can transform empty lots into green, living spaces. Neighbourhoods often experience a positive environmental, economic, and social impact from their community gardens. The community group handles all aspects of garden membership, maintenance and programming. Groups enter into a lease agreement with the City of Winnipeg.
The benefits of community gardens include:
- Provide opportunities for individuals and community groups to grow gardens
- Improve our connection to the sources of food
- Strengthen our neighbourhood connection
- Add to the enjoyment of our green space
- Promote an awareness of the environment
Learn more about Winnipeg's community garden policy: Community Garden Policy
Contact the Community Garden information centre for more information on Community Gardens.
Community Garden Information