Sturgeon Road Roundabout
This project is now complete.
The Sturgeon Road Roundabout, at the intersection of Sturgeon Road, Silver Ave and Murray Park Road, has been completed and is open to traffic. The roundabout has been designed to safely accommodate traffic that has been estimated to be the result of development in the area occurring between now and 2031.
Motorists are reminded of the rules for driving a roundabout:
- As you approach a roundabout there will be a YIELD sign. Slow down, watch for pedestrians and cyclists, and be prepared to stop if necessary.
- When you enter, yield to circulating traffic on the left, but do not stop if it is clear.
- The roundabout will have ONE WAY signs mounted in the centre island. They help guide traffic and indicate that you must drive to the right of the centre island.
- Upon passing the street prior to your exit, turn on your right turn signal and watch for pedestrians and cyclists as you exit.
- Left turns are completed by traveling around the centre of the island.
More information about roundabouts can be found at Roundabout