Alarm Permits - Frequently Asked Questions
For information about alarm permits, contact 311
Any alarm system (monitored or non-monitored) operating within the City of Winnipeg must have a current alarm permit.
Permits are available at any police station in the City of Winnipeg or on our website.
Alarm permits are $25.00 for residential properties and $35.00 for commercial properties.
Make cheques payable to the City of Winnipeg.
Yes, we accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- You can renew your permit online. To renew your permit online you will need your permit and account number from the renewal notice.
- At 245 Smith St – Cashier 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays) cash, cheque, debit or credit card payment.
- Drop off at any Police Service Center, daily from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. cheque or credit card only NO CASH
Mail to:Alarm Coordinator
PO Box 1639
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2Z6
- The monitoring company name
- The names of two key holders
No, but you can use the online payment option.
A key holder is a person who does not live at the monitored address and who will be called by the monitoring company or by the Police when the alarm is activated and the owner cannot be contacted.
Permits are not transferable from one address to another.
No. If there is a new owner a new permit must be completed.
You can contact 311. You can request a replacement decal by giving your name and the address of the alarm permit. The replacement decal will be sent to you by mail.
Permits expire every four years.
The alarm permit renewal fee is $25.00 for commercial and residential permits.
Decals should be displayed in a location visible to Police usually near the front door.
Contact 311 and provide the address which is listed for the permit.
* Top of Page