The most effective measure you can take to protect yourself against crime is to stay alert to your surroundings and trust your instincts.
- Plan your trip before leaving
- Use a well-lit and frequent used bus top
- Try and wait with someone or have someone meet you at your stop
- Always look confident in where you are going
- Be aware of who gets on and off the bus with you
- Do not display electronics or jewelry
- Sit close to the driver
- Use Winnipeg Transit’s Request stop program. This allows passengers to get off the bus between regular stops, from 7 p.m. until end of service.
- Report any abuse or harassment to the driver and or contact Police immediately
Did you know for your safety and convenience Winnipeg transit has a Request Stop Service after 7 p.m.
More information on Winnipeg Transit routes and fairs.
We also have additional safety information in our personal safety brochure.