Winnipeg, MB - Join the Living Prairie Museum for a prairie planting workshop. Instructor John Morgan of Prairie Habitats Inc. will teach you how to successfully grow native prairie plants at home. Find out how native species can be included in your landscape designs, and why using native plant material is important for biodiversity and conservation.
Workshops will take place at the Living Prairie Museum interpretive centre, 2795 Ness Avenue, and include a presentation, discussion and seed planting demonstration. Prairie seeds will be available onsite.
Call (204) 832-0167 to register for one of the following sessions:
- Sunday, April 3, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 16, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 19, 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 24, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 30, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Fee: $35 plus GST. Friends of Living Prairie Museum receive a $10 discount.
Prairie plant sale
The Living Prairie Museum will be hosting their annual prairie plant sale with Prairie Flora at the Living Prairie Museum interpretive centre, 2795 Ness Avenue, on the following days:
- Friday, May 20, 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 21, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, May 22, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, May 29, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 26, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Purchase local prairie seedlings to create much-needed habitat in your yard and garden.
For more information about the Living Prairie Museum, visit City of Winnipeg - Living Prairie Museum