Does the City of Winnipeg issue Taxicab Licences?
- Taxicab Licences are issued by the Manitoba Taxicab Board under the regulations of The Taxicab Act
- When applying for a Licence under The Taxicab Act, applicants must produce to the Taxicab Board the receipt issued by The City of Winnipeg, indicating that the applicant has paid his/her Taxicab Licence Fee to The City of Winnipeg
Why does the City collect a Taxicab Licence Fee?
- Subsection 9(3) of The Taxicab Act requires that applicants for a taxicab Licence pay a Taxicab Licence Fee to The City of Winnipeg
What is the cost of the Taxicab Licence Fee?
- The City of Winnipeg Taxicab Licence Fee By-law requires that persons applying for a Licence from The Taxicab Board pay an annual fee of $65.00 per taxicab operated
Where do I pay the Taxicab Licence Fee?
- If you are paying the annual renewal fee for your Taxicab Licence, you will require your Taxicab Licence Number when making your payment to Community By-Law Enforcement Services
- The deadline for the annual renewal of Taxicab Licence Fees is the last day of February of every year
Last update: December 30, 2016