Using outdoor recreation and park amenities
Residents seeking to get active are encouraged to embrace the outdoors, safely and responsibly while following provincial health orders.
While some of our amenities are closed due to public health orders, our parks, dog parks, trails, and active transportation pathways remain open.
Parks and open spaces safety measures
- Maintain a distance of at least two metres/six feet from every other individual who is not in your household.
- Do not gather in groups larger than the provincial group size restrictions.
What can I do?
- Play on the playground.
- Use athletic fields.
- Explore our local and regional parks by following the trails and pathways that run through them.
- Embrace the tall grass prairie by exploring the Living Prairie Museum’s self-guided trails.
- Take your furry four-legged friend to one of our off-leash dog areas.
- Use standalone washroom facilities in City parks. Those with vestibules (common areas) where people could gather before entering the washroom are closed until further notice.
What can’t I do?
- Book a picnic shelter.
- Use common areas at facilities in City parks.