Off-Leash Dog Areas
The Responsible Pet Ownership By-law allows for the establishment of Off-Leash Dog Areas within the City of Winnipeg.
When a dog is in an off-leash area, the owner of the dog must:
- be present and have the dog within view at all times;
- ensure that the dog is not in heat and that it does not act in a dangerous or aggressive manner towards humans or other dogs;
- remove the dog from the off-leash area immediately if the dog is in heat or acts in a dangerous or aggressive manner towards humans or other dogs;
- ensure that the dog comes when called;
- have a leash available to restrain the dog if needed;
- remedy any harm caused by the dog, including filling in holes dug by the dog; and
- immediately remove and properly dispose of any excrement left by the dog.
Visit Off-Leash Dog Areas locations for more information.