Garbage and Litter
Frequently Asked Questions
- Properties must be maintained and free of any accumulation of junk, litter or debris. To register a complaint, contact the City of Winnipeg at 311.
- Complaints involving the improper disposal of garbage on streets, lanes or boulevards should be forwarded to the the City of Winnipeg by calling 311.
- Garbage and recycling carts should be brought onto the property after collection. To register a complaint, contact the City of Winnipeg at 311.
- If you suspect other people are dumping waste into your garbage or recycling carts, forward your complaints to the City of Winnipeg by calling 311.
- For information on storing your garbage and recycling carts, see the Water and Waste Department.