Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux
By-Law Screening Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Open all | Close all

What are my options to dispute my penalty notice?

The first step in disputing a penalty notice is to request to have it reviewed by a screening officer. This can be done on-line or in person. Should you disagree with the decision of the screening officer, you may request that the matter be heard by a provincially-appointed adjudicator. There is a $25 fee for requesting an adjudication, which will be refunded should you be successful. When you receive the decision of the screening officer, additional information on the adjudication process will be provided to you.

Request for a review by a screening officer will not be accepted after close of business (5 p.m.) on the 30th calendar day after you have received, or are deemed to have received, the final notice. Once the screening officer has provided a decision, you will have 7 calendar days to request an adjudication hearing with a provincially-appointed adjudicator.

How do I schedule my adjudication date and location?

When you receive the decision of the screening officer, additional information on the adjudication process will be provided to you.

What happens if I forget to pay my penalty notice?

If a penalty notice is not disputed and remains unpaid after 30 calendar days, a final notice will be issued. If the notice remains unpaid after the final notice is sent out, the City may pursue all legal remedies available to collect on outstanding balances.

What happens if I did not receive a penalty notice and find out about the alleged offence when I receive my final notice?

When a penalty notice remains unpaid after 30 calendar days, a final notice is automatically generated and sent by mail. If you advise the screening officer within 30 calendar days of receiving the final notice that you did not receive the original, the screening officer will investigate and may consider this as part of their review.

What if I don’t understand why I received the Penalty Notice?

If you have general inquiries about the issuance of a Penalty Notice, you may inquire through the issuing City of Winnipeg Department by contacting 311.

Last update: November 5, 2018

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.