Street Cleaning Program
The street cleaning program provides a healthy and safe environment for the citizens of Winnipeg by protecting water quality, by preventing damage to regional and residential pavements, and by minimizing the burden of debris entering the storm sewer system.
|Spring Clean Up|
|Back Lane Sweeping Program|
|Regular Clean Up||Parking Restrictions||Litter Control Paper Picking|
- Paved back lanes are swept once a year.
- Program begins after streets are swept in spring.
- After spring clean up is completed, Regional streets (P1) are swept once a week at night time.
- Regional streets in Downtown Square are flushed once a week and swept three times a week.
- From June to October, sidewalks in Downtown Square are flushed once a week.
Street cleaning services protect and enhance the livability of Winnipeg. To assist in the street cleaning operations, temporary No Parking signs will be placed well in advance in various areas. If the public sees the No Parking signs, please do not park there during the times indicated. Otherwise, your vehicle may be ticketed and/or towed at the owner’s expense. Citizens who sign up for email notification will be notified when spring clean up operations begin and end.
Please note that not all streets will be signed during Spring Clean Up. The City will only place street work signs on the streets where parked vehicles present a problem to street cleaning.
- Manual removal of litter from street right-of-way.
- Emptying and disposal of litter from litter containers in the Downtown Square, the City's parks and other designated areas.
- The City does not provide new containers or collect litter at any additional/new containers due to limited funding in the operating budget.