Allotment Gardens | Community Gardens
Site locations for Allotment Garden Rentals & Community Gardens
A garden site fully managed by a community group. The community group handles all aspects of garden membership, maintenance and programming. Groups enter into a lease agreement with the City Of Winnipeg.
Community gardens can transform empty lots into green, living spaces. Neighbourhoods often experience a positive environmental, economic, and social impact from their community gardens.
The benefits of community gardens include:
- Provide opportunities for individuals and community
groups to grow gardens
- Improve our connection to the sources of food
- Strengthen our neighbourhood connection
- Add to the enjoyment of our green space
- Promote an awareness of the environment
New Site Development Webpage
To become a part of the growing network of gardeners or for information on an established community garden site, contact us at 311
Individual garden plots available for rent through the City of Winnipeg Public Works Department Park Rental process.
Individuals are responsible for planting and maintaining their own plot. Garden plots are rented from May to October and permits must be renewed each year. The City of Winnipeg has a limited number of garden plots available for rent to the general public.
- Return garden plot renters have the first right of refusal and must declare by March 31 each
- Serviced plots are tilled each year
- Unserviced plots are not tilled.
- Water is not available at these locations
- Fees are:
- Serviced - $42.00 per season (includes GST)
- Unserviced - $28.35 per season (includes GST)
Click here for available Garden Allotments
To book an Allotment Garden (plot), call the Parks Booking Office at 204-832-5865
Learn more about Winnipeg's community garden policy by clicking the link below.
Last update: 30.01.2013
* Top of Page