Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |

City Clerk's

Frequently Asked Questions

Open all | Close all

How do I submit my FIPPA request?

Requests may be submitted by .

Requests may also be submitted in person or by mail to the City Clerk's Department located at the following location:

City Clerk's Department
Administration Building
510 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1B9

How much does a request cost?

There is no fee for making an application under FIPPA or for the first 2 hours spent by the public body searching or preparing information for you. The following are chargeable services under FIPPA:

  • Search and Preparation Fees
    $15 per half hour (after 2 free hours)
    Applies to: locating the records, time to make working copies, doing any required severing.
    Does not apply to: deciding what information cannot be disclosed and must be severed, transferring an application to another public body, preparing a fee estimate.
  • Computer Programming and Data Processing Fees
    $10 for each 15 minutes of in-house programming or data processing, or the actual cost of having it done externally.
  • Photocopies and computer printouts
    20 cents per page.

For more information regarding applicable fees, please consult the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

How long will my request take to complete?

In most cases, you should receive a response from the public body within 30 days, unless the public body has transferred the request to another public body or extended the response time. If you do not receive a response within the 30 day period, you may submit a complaint to the Manitoba Ombudsman.

Is there any way to expedite my request?

Unfortunately there is no way to expedite a request. You can make a note on your application that the records are needed urgently, however there is no guarantee a response will be made before the 30 day time frame.

For information regarding frequently requested documents that are either available publically, or available through a separate process, please consult the list below.

Information about City services.
Committee and Council Reports, Minutes, and Meetings.
Access many of the City’s freely available data sets.

Locate property-related information by either searching on an address or by searching by type of facility.
Obtain property-specific environmental records, including by-law violations, records of spills, outstanding compliance orders, and records of monitoring or surcharging.
Information on selling to the City, past and current Bid Opportunities, and City policy regarding Materials Management.

Access historical records.
Winnipeg Police Services statistics, graphs and maps.

Access specific information regarding records such as building plans, etc.

Last update: December 31, 2015