Plaintes liées au bruit

The City of Winnipeg Livability Neighbourhood By-law (Part 5 – Noise Control) provides standards for noise in Winnipeg communities. This includes acceptable volumes as well as time restrictions and exemptions. While certain activities that unnecessarily disturb, injure or endanger the comfort, health or safety of the public may be prohibited, certain other activities are only prohibited during certain times.

Generally, those noise-generating activities as outlined under section 69 are prohibited within 150 meters of a residential property before 7 a.m. and after 9 p.m. on weekdays and before 9 a.m. and after 9 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays.

We encourage residents to exercise a reasonable degree of tolerance and to review the By-law before calling.

Complaints to police

Noise from a loud party or people-related noise falls under the jurisdiction of the Winnipeg Police Service. These reports can only be made by calling the police non-emergency phone line at 204-986-6222.

Units may be dispatched, subject to the volume and nature of calls for service waiting for a police response. For example, units will always be sent to priority calls such as robberies, assaults and reports of domestic violence.  Response to noise complaints may be delayed.

Should you believe someone’s life is in jeopardy (sounds of a fight or conflict), convey that to the call taker so the call can be triaged accordingly.

Complaints to 3-1-1 & bylaw enforcement

Animals making unreasonably loud, unnecessary or excessive noises can be reported through the City of Winnipeg Animal Service Agency at 3-1-1.

Excessive noises related to mechanical equipment such as furnaces and air conditioners, as well as noise associated with using construction tools by a company or individual resident, can be directed to Community By-law Enforcement Services at 3-1-1.

Exemptions & permits

Limited exemptions are identified in the by-law under Part 5 – 66 Exemptions.

Those hosting planned events in the community may also apply for a Noise Permit at no cost. They are not issued for construction work. A noise permit application should be submitted at least four weeks before the event.

A noise permit does not grant a license to hold an event on public property and may be required in addition to other permits that have been obtained such as a permit to hold a street festival or block partya park use permit; or a liquor permit

Police helicopter noise concerns

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.