Accidents de la route

You do not need to report a straightforward collision to the police. These reports can be made directly to Manitoba Public Insurance. But if your collision involves any of these things, you must report it the police:

  • Fatality.
  • Hospitalization because of injury.  Hospitalization means admitted to hospital for ongoing care, not just treated and released from an emergency room or urgent care.
  • An unlicensed driver or unregistered vehicle.
  • An unidentified vehicle (e.g., hit and run).  Hit and run collisions without a suspect can only be reported online.
  • You failed to get the other driver's particulars.
  • You suspect the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
  • A domestic animal and the owner could not be located.

You must report these types of collisions to the police within seven days. Reports can be made in person at Police Headquarters, 245 Smith St, or by telephone at 204-986-8666.  Hours for in-person or telephone reporting are 8:00 am to 4:00pm, 7 days a week.

You can now file a hit & run report online. Please note: If the incident involves a pedestrian, cyclist, physical injury, known suspect, you must report in person or by telephone as indicated above.

A “Known Suspect” means that you can positively identify the driver.  A license plate, description of a person, or the existence of video surveillance footage does not qualify as a “Known Suspect”. 

Share a traffic complaint online. This includes incidents involving aggressive driving and/or a traffic violation or reoccurring situation at specific location.

If you spot a suspected impaired driver or a driver you believe to be putting lives in immediate danger, please call 9-1-1Do not use social media to make these reports.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.