Public research

The Winnipeg Police Service is unable to provide routine assistance with academic research matters due to the large number of requests the Service receives and the limited budget we have to process these requests.

Several resources are housed online:

At the discretion of the Chief of Police, the WPS may participate in long term research projects which offer mutual benefit. The Service is interested in partnering with academia and students from accredited academic institutions who require access to data and other police information for purposes of their studies.

If you believe that your request falls under this category, the research request process begins with submission of an application to conduct research (PDF, 377KB)

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.