Organization and Structure
The Winnipeg Police Service provides initial response and specialized policing services to the citizens of Winnipeg. The Chief of Police heads the Winnipeg Police Service and is its Chief Executive Officer. There are three Deputy Chiefs of Police reporting to the Chief. The Deputy Chiefs oversee the three Branches of the Service:
- Operations Branch
- Superintendent Uniform Operations
- Superintendent Operational Support
- Investigative Services Branch
- Superintendent Investigations
- Support Services Branch
- Superintendent Human Resources Support
- Superintendent Organizational Support
Division Commanders report directly to their Superintendents with the exception of the Finance Division Commander, who reports directly to the Chief of Police.
Divisions encompass smaller organizational structures called Units, whose purpose is to provide a specific service in relation to the Division. Units may include Sections to distinguish specific services. Certain Units have unique reporting relationships and are therefore referred to as Autonomous. Their Commanders report directly to either a Superintendent or the Chief of Police.
- View a Pictorial Representation of the Service’s Organizational Chart
- Read the biographies of the Executive Management Team
* Top of Page