When it comes to creating a culture of safety in our community, there are more roles you can play in our organization than serving as a police officer.
In addition to the members serving in our Cadets program or police communications centre, we employ people across the service in a variety of areas such as communications, administration, supervisory, forensics, crime analysis, research, maintenance, information technology, human resources, policy, evidence management, and public relations, among others.
Civilian members perform a variety of vital functions within the Winnipeg Police Service, enabling our officers to offer the highest level of services to the citizens of Winnipeg and provide critical support to the organization. Over one quarter of the Winnipeg Police Service is comprised of civilian; uniform and non-uniform members.
What you need to know
- We do not accept general applications or unsolicited resumés. You must apply to specific external competitions when they are posted.
- The background investigation process for civilian staff is the same as the background investigations done for sworn members.
- The hiring process takes about 6 months from the application closing date to offer of employment.
- If you have other questions, please email or call the Recruiting office at 204-986-6204.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (Landed Immigrant)
- No involvement in any criminal activity within the last two years (including illegal drugs)
- No criminal record for which a Pardon has not been granted