Public Assistance Requested: R24-17641

Released: April 23, 2024 at 8:35 a.m.

Information contained in our media releases may relate to issues of violence or trauma, which could be distressing for some individuals. Be mindful of your well-being and consider whether or not engaging with this content is appropriate for you.

Public Assistance Requested: R24-17641

On April 13, 2024, at approximately 4:00 p.m., while in a coffee shop at CF Polo Park, three male witnesses came to the aid of a young female when an inappropriate encounter occurred between an unidentified male and the female. The unknown male fled, and the female spoke with the three males afterwards but did not get their names.

The Winnipeg Police Service is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying these three males who intervened, as they may have information to assist in this investigation.

They are described as being in their 20s, South Asian in appearance, and one male was wearing a turban.

Anyone with information, or if you are one of these male witnesses, please contact investigators at 204-986-6245 and reference #R24-17641 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 204-786-TIPS or

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.