During November 2023, due to ongoing community concerns brought to the attention of the Winnipeg Police Service, the North District Community Support Unit (CSU) entered into an investigation regarding several individuals believed to be involved in the trafficking of illicit drugs in the Point Douglas area.
On the evening of November 16, Tactical Support Team (TST) members observed two involved suspects operating a vehicle at the Main Street and Portage Avenue intersection and conducted a traffic stop. Two adult males were placed under arrest without incident.
On November 17, with the assistance of North and West District CSU, North District General Patrol and the Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems Unit, TST members executed a search warrant at a linked residence in the first 100 block of Hallett Street.
The search of the residence resulted in the seizure of the following property:
- Approximately 400 Grams of Crack Cocaine and 730 Grams of Cocaine (Combined Estimated Street Value = $66,000)
- Approximately 770 Grams of Benzocaine Cutting Agent (Estimated Street Value = $8,100)
- Oxycodone Prescription Pills x 54 (Estimated Street Value = $430)
- Approximately $600 CDN Currency
- Cellular Phones
A 23-year-old male and a 33-year-old male, both from Winnipeg, are facing the following charges:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000
Both were released on Undertakings as mandated by the Criminal Code.