Members of the Major Crimes Unit have charged a male after a crime spree on March 14, 2023, including the robbery of three Winnipeg businesses:
- Sometime before 8:00 a.m., a male suspect attended a parking garage in the first 100 block of Donald Street. He located a set of keys inside an unlocked vehicle and stole the car.
- At approximately 7:50 a.m., a male suspect attended a supermarket store in the 1600 block of Kenaston Boulevard and stole merchandise. Staff confronted him, at which time he swung the stolen property at an employee before fleeing in a stolen vehicle.
- At approximately 5:40 p.m., a male suspect attended a supermarket store in the 2100 block of Pembina Highway with his face disguised and stole merchandise. He was confronted by staff, at which time he swung the stolen property at employees before fleeing.
- At approximately 7:15 p.m., a male suspect attended a gas station in the 700 block of Pembina Highway in a stolen vehicle, had an employee fill it and went inside as if he was going to pay. When the tank was full, he re-attended the car and fled.
- At approximately 10:10 p.m., a male suspect attended a grocery store in the 200 block of Marion Street with his face disguised and stolen items. Staff confronted him, at which time he punched an employee in the face and fled in a stolen vehicle.
The Major Crimes Unit began investigating the incidents and identified the involved vehicle.
On March 15, 2023, at approximately 1:40 a.m., an officer with the Manitoba RCMP in the Beausejour area observed the stolen vehicle speeding. The officer attempted to stop the car; however, it continued to speed and drive erratically. The vehicle was eventually stopped, and the male driver was taken into custody. He was ticketed for offences related to driving, provided a serious offence notice and later turned over to the Winnipeg Police Service.
Kyson Allen Cameron Little, a 20-year-old male of Winnipeg, has been charged with:
- Robbery x 3
- Disguise with Intent x 2
- Theft Under $5000
- Theft of Motor Vehicle
- Speeding (RCMP, Highway Traffic Act) x 2
- Drive without a licence (RCMP, Highway Traffic Act)
- Careless driving (RCMP, Highway Traffic Act)
- Failing to stop for police (RCMP, Highway Traffic Act)