On October 17, 2022, the Winnipeg Police Service’s Guns & Gangs Unit executed a search warrant as part of a drug investigation at a residence in the 300 block of Redwood Avenue.
As a result of this investigation, two individuals were taken into custody, and the following items were seized:
- A sawed-off shotgun
- 21 grams of methamphetamine (estimated street value of $1000)
- 3 grams of fentanyl (estimated street value of $600)
- Stolen identity documents (previously reported stolen)
- Stolen cheques (previously reported stolen)
Caleb Joshua JOHNSTON, a 34-year-old male, was charged with the following 21 offences:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Store Firearm or Restricted Weapon Contrary to Regs
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order x 6
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 x 7
- Possession of an Identity Document x 3
He was detained in custody.
A 19-year-old female is facing 12 similar drugs, property and firearms-related charges. She was released on an Undertaking, per the Criminal Code.