Personal safety when travelling by bus
The most effective measure you can take to protective yourself against crime is to stay alert to your surrounding and trust your instincts.
Safety & crime prevention starts with you
- Use well-lit and frequently used stops.
- Try to wait with someone or have someone meet you at your stop.
- Plan routes and transfers before your trip. Winnipeg Transit’s Navigo trip planner system can assist you with this.
- Be aware or who gets on and off the bus with you.
- Sit close to the driver.
- Use Winnipeg Transit’s Request Stop program, allowing riders to get off the bus between regular stops. This service is available every day, from 7 p.m. until the end of service.
- Report any abuse or harassment to the driver and/or contact police immediately.
- Do not exist the bus until you feel it is safe to do so.
Download a copy of our personal safety brochure.