Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |

Winnipeg Police Service


  • Alarm Permit
  • Discharge Weapon Permit
  • Noise Permit
  • Parade Permit
  • To obtain other permits, such as block party and street festival permits, resident parking permits and more, visit the City of Winnipeg Public Works Department Permit Service site.

    You may mail* completed permit applications to:

    Chief of Police
    Winnipeg Police Service
    P.O. Box 1639
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Canada R3C 2Z6

    You may also apply in person for any permit at:

    Winnipeg Police Service Headquarters
    245 Smith Street (Enter at Smith & Graham)

    Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

    * Please note that Parade Permit Applications can now be submitted via email.

    Alarm Permit

    Permits are required for alarm systems installed in any residential or commercial building under By-Law No. 4676/87 (Alarm By-Law).

    Alarm Permit Changes: On July 1, 2008 City Council approved a change to the existing Alarm Bylaw 4676/87. Alarm Permits now expire and are subject to a renewal every four years.

    The renewal process enables the Winnipeg Police Service to update its data base to reflect accurate, current information for all alarm systems within the City of Winnipeg.

    To renew your permit online you will need your permit and invoice number from the renewal notice.

    For additional information, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

    To have a paper application mailed to you, or if you require further information, please call 311.

    Please note: Section 5(1) of the Alarm Bylaw states, no person shall keep an alarm system unless a valid and subsisting alarm permit has been issued. Section 7(1), a person in contravention is guilty of an offense and may be subject to a fine.

    Discharge Weapon Permit

    -Download the Discharge Weapon Permit PDF Format - Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader [81kb]
    * Permit applications must be received a minimum of one week prior to the event date.
    Completed discharge weapon permit applications may be faxed to 204-986-6077.

    Noise Permit

    - Download the Noise Permit PDF Format - Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader [43 kb]
    * Permit applications must be received a minimum of two weeks prior to the event date.

    By-Law No. 1/2008 (Neighbourhood Liveability By-Law and By-Law No. 2890/81 (Firearms By-Law) require the public to obtain permits for certain events.

    For more information, contact the Winnipeg Police Service at 204-986-6037.

    Completed noise permit applications may be faxed to 204-986-6077.

    Parade Permit

    Parades are governed by the City of Winnipeg Traffic By-Law (1573/77).

    - Request your parade permit by downloading. completing and submitting the Parade Permit Application.

    * Please note: You must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer to print this form.

    - Need help completing your application? Download a copy of our Parade Permit Application Guide.

    * Your application must be received a minimum of two weeks prior to the parade date.

    For more information regarding parade permits only, please contact 204-986-5403.

    CALEA Logo Click to visit the CALEA website.
    "An Internationally Accredited Law Enforcement Agency"
    Last update: September 4, 2019

     * Top of Page