Animal Services Agency
The Animal Services Agency provides animal control measures under the City of Winnipeg Charter and related by-laws.
- Animal licensing and registration
- Investigation and response to animal related complaints and inquiries including stray dogs, exotic animals and injured animals
- Enforcement of the City of Winnipeg Responsible Pet Ownership By-law
- Neighbourhood dispute resolution
This service also includes public education and the promotion of responsible pet ownership and care for cats and dogs, as well as the adoption of unclaimed animals.
- Chandler has been awarded the honour of being Winnipeg's #1 cat!
- As of January 1, 2015, your cat requires a license
Animal Services Agency Mandate:
To promote, protect and safeguard the health of the community by establishing and maintaining an urban environment which permits the City's human and animal populations to co-exist free of conditions which adversely affect the health, safety and enjoyment of the community. The Animal Services Agency is responsible for the enforcement of animal care and control by-laws to minimize risk in the communities served.