Frequently asked questions
What is a 4R Winnipeg Depot?
A 4R Winnipeg Depot:
- is a place where residents can drop off materials that they no longer have a use for, but could be recycled, reused, composted, or resold, and
- is larger and accepts more materials than existing recycling depots.
What does it cost to use the 4R Winnipeg Depots?
- If you are dropping off items on the accepted materials list that can be resold, reused, recycled or composted, it is free of charge.
- You will have to pay the tipping fee rate to dispose of any items that are considered garbage (available at the Brady 4R Winnipeg Depot only).
What are the benefits of the 4R Winnipeg Depots?
4R Winnipeg Depots:
- are convenient "one stop shops" where residents can drop off materials that would otherwise be landfilled to be resold, recycled, composted, or reused,
- provide residents with more options to reduce and recycle, and
- keep more garbage out of the landfill, which means less harmful landfill gas.
Can I take items away from the 4R Winnipeg Depots?
The 4R Winnipeg Depots are designed as drop-off locations only. Customers will not be allowed to remove materials for the following reasons:
- customer safety (it would be dangerous to scavenge in the drop-off bins),
- agreements with our partner organizations and other material processors,
- violations of the City's Solid Waste By-law, and
- responsibility to ensure confidentiality (i.e., risk of identity theft with electronic materials).
What if I just want to bring garbage to the Brady Road landfill?
For your convenience and safety, you will drop off your garbage at the Brady 4R Winnipeg Depot.
Where will the 4R Winnipeg Depots be located?
- The first 4R Winnipeg Depot is located at 1777 Brady Road
- The second 4R Winnipeg Depot is located at 1120 Pacific Avenue
- The third 4R Winnipeg Depot will be located on Panet Road at Mission Street
- A fourth depot may be built, depending on residents' needs
Where can I find more information on the future 4R Winnipeg Depots?
For updates on the 4R Winnipeg Depots, visit our public engagement website.