Phase 2 Wrap-up
In Phase 2 we shared options for the future of garbage, recycling and organics in Winnipeg. We wanted to know what you thought would work best for our city. We also shared plans for the future of Brady Road Landfill.
Phase 2 ran from March-April 2011 and during this time we:
- Hosted 11 open houses, 4 round table sessions and several other special events
- Conducted phone and web surveys
- Shared information about these options through blogs and videos on SpeakUpWinnipeg.com
- Continued meeting with our Stakeholder Advisory Committee
- Received feedback from thousands of Winnipeggers
You can download all of the reports here:
- Phase 2 Public Participation Report
- Leger Phase 2 Phone Survey Report
- Leger Phase 2 Web-link Survey Report
- Omnibus Garbage and Recycling Plan Report
- Open House Feedback Form and Dotmocracy Report
- Open Comment Feedback Summary Report
- Phase 2 Omnibus Report
- PPMA Feedback Report
- Manitoba Chapter, Canada Green Building Council Feedback Report
You can also find the notes from our Round Tables:
Throughout Phase 2, Winnipeggers showed strong support for reducing the amount of garbage we bury at the landfill.
In Phase 3 we will be sharing the recommendations for the Garbage and Recycling Master Plan that came out of Phase 2, which we will be submitting to Council.
Posted in Phase 2, Speaking Up Tagged with: diversion, Open House, public participation, waste management