Brady Road Resource Management Facility (Brady Road Landfill) put or pay agreements (Completed)
In October 2009, City Council considered our report recommending that the Solid Waste By-law be amended to allow us to set up legal agreements with haulers of high volumes of commercial garbage and other municipalities.
Council referred the report back to the Standing Policy Committee on Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works with instructions that we consult with industry.
The purpose of a put or pay agreement is to remain competitive with other landfills and sustain or build the revenue generated at the Brady Road Resource Management Facility (Brady Road Landfill).
Under a put or pay agreement haulers would:
- receive a reduced tipping fee,
- haul a predetermined additional weight of garbage to the Brady Road Resource Management Facility (Brady Road Landfill), and
- be required to pay the total contract price even if they don't haul the volume of garbage outlined in the agreement.
Comments were received up until January 15, 2010. An information session was held on Monday, January 11, 2010, at Canad Inns Polo Park . The presentation and feedback report on this session are listed below.
- January 2010 - Put or Pay Agreements Consultation Feedback Report (pdf - 75kb)
- January 2010 - Information session presentation (pdf - 97kb)
- December 2009 - Invitation to information session (pdf - 91kb)
- October 2009 - Initial report to City Council (pdf - 138kb)
This page was last updated on October 4, 2018