Tipping fee waiver program for community cleanup events
Neighbourhood cleanups are a great way for communities to come together and help beautify our neighbourhoods.
To help support these cleanup events, we will waive the disposal fees of up to 70 tonnes of garbage collected at these events every year.
Eligibility for a tipping fee waiver
Tipping fee waiver requests are approved on a first-come, first served basis. Once we have waived the fees for 70 tonnes of garbage from community events in any calendar year, no new applications will be considered for that calendar year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a tipping fee waiver:
- Supports a community led neighbourhood cleanup effort and is tied to a specific event; and
- Is driven by a volunteer base. No profit or fundraising component can be present for the organization.
- The individual will need to sufficiently demonstrate that the waste is derived from a community cleanup effort and not from household or private sources;
- Be carried out on a volunteer basis. No profit or fundraising component can be present for the individual or an organization; and
- Individual-led events are capped at a cumulative annual maximum amount of $100 in waived tipping fees.
Applying for a tipping fee waiver
Applications must be made in writing, at least two weeks before the cleanup is held.
- Download the application form or request one by contacting 311.
- Return the completed application form to us:
- by mail to 1120 Waverley Street, Winnipeg, MB, R3T 0P4
- by fax to 204-774-6729
Receiving the tipping fee waiver
If you are eligible for a tipping fee waiver, we will send you a letter to confirm that your application has been approved.
If you are not eligible, we will send you a letter advising you why you were not approved.
For more information, contact 311
Last updated: March 23, 2020