Large volume sewer discount program
This program is intended for customers who use water to manufacture, assemble or process goods and materials within the city of Winnipeg.
To qualify, a company must:
- use more than $150,000 of sewer services (sewer rate or overstrength wastewater surcharge)
- apply each year by December 31 following the calendar year for which the discount is being requested,
- conduct a business limited to the manufacture, assembly or processing of goods and materials at premises within the city,
- not be in default under the Sewer By-law or the Waterworks By-law, and
- have sales outside of the city of at least twenty-five percent (25%) of the total sales in a calendar year, and verify this by providing an audited statement outlining:
- total sales for the year
- total sales outside the city for the year
- is calculated at 30% on the total dollar value of sewer services over $150,000 (e.g., on $250,000 of sewer and overstrength wastewater surcharges in a year, the company would be eligible for a credit of $30,000), and
- is split between and applied directly to the company's water account and its overstrength wastewater surcharge account
Refund cheques are not issued.
To apply for the 2017 calendar year
Submit an application (pdf - 212kb) by December 31, 2018.
For more information, contact us.