Large volume sewer discount program
This program is intended for customers who use water to manufacture, assemble or process goods and materials within the city of Winnipeg.
To qualify, a company must:
- use more than $150,000 of sewer services (sewer rate or overstrength wastewater surcharge)
- apply each year by December 31 following the calendar year for which the discount is being requested,
- conduct a business limited to the manufacture, assembly or processing of goods and materials at premises within the city,
- not be in default under the Sewer By-law or the Waterworks By-law, and
- have sales outside of the city of at least twenty-five percent (25%) of the total sales in a calendar year, and verify this by providing an audited statement outlining:
- total sales for the year
- total sales outside the city for the year
- is calculated at 30% on the total dollar value of sewer services over $150,000 (e.g., on $250,000 of sewer and overstrength wastewater surcharges in a year, the company would be eligible for a credit of $30,000), and
- is applied directly to the company's water account
Refund cheques are not issued.
To apply for the 2020 calendar year
Submit an application (pdf - 442kb) by December 31, 2021.
For more information, contact us.