Roundabouts; A Unique Sponsorship Opportunity
Sturgeon Road, Silver Avenue and Murray Park Road Roundabout
Sponsoring an original work of art in the roundabout offers prospective sponsors an opportunity to contribute towards improving and enriching the local environment. The artwork will be incorporated into the landscaping plan of native grasses, basswood trees, red osier dogwood and western snowberry shrubs, as well as limestone block walls. It should be highly visible and create interest within the roundabout, but be appropriate for an active intersection.
The original work of art must be:
- Low maintenance.
- Fall within the parameters of the Public Art Policy.
The Sponsor must be willing to:
- Provide sponsor funds for the artwork and be willing to allow the Winnipeg Arts Council to administer the commissioning of the artwork including selecting an artist, awarding the commission and providing direction to the artist through the creation, production, fabrication and installation of the artwork and preparing the plaque to ensure overall compliance with the Public Art policy.
- Forgo input into or provide direction to the artwork itself.
- The sponsor will be recognized on a plaque along with the artists name, title of work, and date created.
- The plaque will be located in a small seating area on one of the corners of the intersection but not on the roundabout itself for safety reasons.
Sponsoring an original work of art in the roundabout provides a sponsor with the following benefits:
- A positive image: A unique opportunity to be seen to be involved in the enhancements within the area.
- High profile: Conveying a positive image to the high number of people passing daily by showing your business is forging links with the community.
- Enhancing the local environment for businesses and visitors alike.
- Exclusivity: The only one of its kind in Winnipeg!
- Visible all year round: viewed by an average daily vehicular traffic count of approximately 10,000.
- Affirming Winnipeg’s identity as a City of the arts: Winnipeg is internationally renowned for its artistic and creative innovation and diversity.