St. Vital Library
Naming Rights Opportunity
|6 Fermor Avenue Winnipeg Manitoba R2M 0Y2
The key to knowledge can be found at your local library and in the case of St. Vital library the building is literally the key. In 1961 the City of St. Vital acquired an unusually shaped parcel of land for which to build a library. The resulting structure, which opened in 1963 and has since been granted a municipal heritage designation, is a library shaped like a key. Inside provides a bright, warm atmosphere, which complements the friendly and neighborly community who are great supporters of the library.
The library is instrumental to supporting the many new Canadians who live in the area and provides well-used resources such as English Conversation Groups and juvenile dual language books. The library also caters do a different sort of ‘new Canadians’ with the popular Baby Rhyme Time Program which provides early literacy development for new families.
- Population demographic: 61,605 people
- Age of Facility: 51 years old (constructed in 1963)
- Total number of hours open: 45.5 hours (summer) / 52.5 hours (winter)
- Number of items circulated in 2013: 211,669 items
- Number of library visits in 2013: 80,812 visits
- Number of programs in 2013: 95 programs
- Number of program attendees in 2013: 3,320 attendees
- Other Amenities:
- Parking (2 lots)
- Semi-handicap Accessible
- Bookable multipurpose room
- On Public Transportation route
- Study and leisure ready space
- Some A/V equipment available with rooms
Potential Sponsor should note that GST applies to Naming Right Sponsorships.