Naming Rights Opportunity
|489 London Street Winnipeg, Manitoba R2K 2Z4
The Munroe Library opened in 1964 as a bantam weight in the Winnipeg Public Library arena. Since then it has outgrown its branch on two occasions all due to the demand for quality library service in the area. What the branch lacks in size it makes up for in service. The caring and considerate staff makes every effort to provide excellent programs and services for library patrons.
Many of the patrons at Munroe Library are looking for self-improvement opportunities and as a result the “law and the library”, and the computer trainingprograms are often filled to capacity. The library also serves a large population of older citizens who make good use of the library’s well-maintained Large Print collection. Neighbourhood literacy programs, teachers, and adult learners make very good use of the ABE (Adult Basic Education) and ESL/EAL collections. Munroe Library has a strong Aboriginal Resources collection in both the adult and children’s departments. The library also features several other collections that are well used by patrons including the teen and movies collections.
- Population demographic: 15,365 people
- Age of Facility: 49 years old (constructed in 1965)
- Total number of hours open: 29.5 hours (summer) / 36.5 hours (winter)
- Number of items circulated in 2013: 115,661 items
- Number of library visits in 2013: 62,217 visits
- Number of programs in 2013: 71 programs
- Number of program attendees in 2013: 1,238 attendees
- Other Amenities:
- Parking (lot)
- Handicap Accessible
- Bookable multipurpose room
- On Public Transportation route
- Study and leisure ready space
- Some A/V equipment available with rooms
Potential Sponsor should note that GST applies to Naming Right Sponsorships.