Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
What’s Your Residential Street Snow Zone?
Parks and Open Space

Park Rentals - Noise Permits

A noise permit is required if there will be amplified sound at your event.

  • Important information from the Noise Controls By-law
    • "Noise Nuisance" means any loud, unnecessary or unusual sound or any sound whatsoever which either annoys, disturbs, injures, endangers or distracts from the comfort, repose, health, peace or safety of any person
    • 3.2.9 - No person shall operate, play or permit the operation or playing of any radio, television, phonograph, drum, musical instrument, loudspeaker, public address system, sound amplifier, or similar device in a residential district which produces, reproduces or amplifies sound in such a manner as to create a noise nuisance at a point of reception at any time.
    • 5.2 -
      • (a) Time limitations, unless authorized by the Chief of Police, a noise permit will be valid only between the hours of 9am and 10pm, Sunday through Thursday and 9am to 12midnight, Friday and Saturday;
      • (b) permit holder to remain on site at all times;
      • (c) permit holder to abstain from the consumptions of intoxicants
      • (d) notification requirements

It is the responsibility of the park rental permit holder to obtain the necessary Noise Permit.

Submit completed Noise Permit Application along with a copy of your park rental permit to:

    Chief of Police
    Winnipeg Police Service
    P.O. Box 1639
    Winnipeg, MB. R3C 2Z6

You may also attend in person to the Winnipeg Police Service Headquarters located at 245 Smith Street (Enter at Smith & Graham).

  • For more information see the Winnipeg Police Service permits.

You are required to obtain a license pursuant to The Copyright Act R.S.C., 1985, c. C-42 if you will be playing music at your event. In order to obtain the required license or for more information, please contact

Last update: February 24, 2020