Park Crossing Permits
Permits provide citizens with a regulated process for works and activities that take place in a Park or Open Space. Permits ensure minimal disruption of park operations and the protection of the public spaces and physical assets.
Citizens who require park space to access their land for renovations or new installations are required to contact 311.
- 311 will set up the service request and forward the information to the Park Area Technician.
- The Park Area Technician will visit the site, and assess the area required for the park crossing.
- Park Crossing Permits are calculated based on square meters, as determined by the Park Technician.
- Cost is $18.55/sq meter.
- Public Works keeps 5% or $100.00 whichever is greater, as the administration and inspection fees.
- The remainder is damage deposit.
- Upon completion of the project, the citizen will contact the Park Area Technician for final inspection.
- If no damages are present, and the Park has been returned in good condition, the damage deposit will be returned in full.