Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux
Parks and Open Space

Park Crossing Permits

Permits provide citizens with a regulated process for works and activities that take place in a Park or Open Space. Permits ensure minimal disruption of park operations and the protection of the public spaces and physical assets.

Permit process:

Citizens who require park space to access their land for renovations or new installations are required to contact 311.

  • 311 will set up the service request and forward the information to the Park Area Technician.
  • The Park Area Technician will visit the site, and assess the area required for the park crossing.
  • Park Crossing Permits are calculated based on square meters, as determined by the Park Technician.
    • Cost is $18.20/sq meter.
    • Public Works keeps 5% or $100.00 whichever is greater, as the administration and inspection fees.
    • The remainder is damage deposit.
  • Upon completion of the project, the citizen will contact the Park Area Technician for final inspection.
  • If no damages are present, and the Park has been returned in good condition, the damage deposit will be returned in full.
Last update: February 24, 2020

Was this information helpful?

How can we make it better?

Any personal information included in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Quelles améliorations pourrions-nous faire?

Les renseignements personnels qui sont inclus dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer notre site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone (311) si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.