Little Mountain ParkDirections (Little Mountain Park Google Maps)
Off Oak Point Hwy @ Jefferson
Bookable Sites:Park Amenities Map
- The following Park Space in Little Mountain Park can be booked:
- Sites - #1, #2, #3 (Maximum capacity is 25)
- Bouncy Toys or large tents can be used in specified areas only, the sites to book for this are:
- Site - #4 (Maximum capacity is 100)
- Washrooms are open from May long weekend to October long weekend -
from 8am to 9pm 7 days a week.
Little Mountain Park has limited washroom facilities for larger groups (over 100), in these situations portable toilets would be recommended and would be up to the renter to provide.
Little Mountain Park Information:
- During the summer the park is covered with many colorful wildflowers. If you like to mix nature study and history with pure fun, there are large playing fields for any sports activity. The park contains a large section of aspen forest with a mosaic of hiking. Owls, foxes, ground squirrels, and an occasional deer are but a sample of the wildlife which can be seen.
Set aside as a park in 1965, Little Mountain is significant both as a natural area and for its historical background. Little Mountain Park provides 160 acres of woodland and open space only a short distance from downtown Winnipeg on a limestone ridge with the bedrock very near the surface. This fact led to the development of one of Winnipeg's first limestone quarries on site in 1896. Remnants of the abandoned quarry can still be seen. In fact, one of the old quarry pits now is a scenic pond surrounded by a picnic site.
The park also contains a large section of aspen forest with a mosaic of hiking. Owls, foxes, ground squirrels, and an occasional deer are but a sample of the wildlife which can sometimes be seen.
- Lots of Nature walking paths (For more information on walking paths, please contact Living Prairie Museum)
- BBQ pits have no electricity
- Large open areas
- Washroom facilities - open from 8am to 9pm - May long weekend to October long weekend.
Last update: March 1, 2019