Off-leash dog areas
Rules of use
Attention dog owners
- Dog owners can let their pets socialize and exercise off-leash in a safe environment.
- Please remember to keep your dog on a leash when you are outside of the Off-leash Area. Other park users may not appreciate loose animals running up to them or may be afraid of dogs.
- Off-leash dog areas are not fenced in, unless otherwise noted below.
- Dog owners/ walkers and or commercial dog walkers are legally responsible for their own dog(s) and any injuries or damage caused by their dog(s). Individuals who choose to use off-leash areas do so at their own risk.
- Code of Ethics for Dog Owners
- Sponsored by the City of Winnipeg Parks and Open Space Division in cooperation with the Animal Services Agency.
Rules of use for Off-Leash Dog Areas
(Responsible Pet Ownership By-law 92/2013)
- Dog owners must be present and within view of their dogs at all times.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed in off-leash areas.
- Dogs must be under voice control while off-leash.
- Dog owners must have a leash in hand at all times.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed in off-leash areas.
- Holes dug by dogs must be filled by the dog owner.
- All feces must be picked up by the dog owner and removed or deposited in waste receptacles.
- All dogs must be licensed in accordance with the City of Winnipeg Responsible Pet Ownership By-law 92/2013. Please contact 311 for more information.
- All sites are open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. or as posted at the site.
A complete list of rules is posted at each site. For further information about off-leash dog areas, contact 311.
Code of Ethics for all dog owners in off-leash areas
- Stoop & Scoop - Please use plastic bags to pick up after your dog.
- Train Your Dog - Please train your dog to respond to commands, whether on or off-leash.
- Respect other users of the park - Walkers, joggers, cyclists, skiers, and other dog owners have a right to enjoy.
- Proper Licensing is required - Please ensure your pet is properly licensed.