The Procurement Timeline
- A project information session with prospective bidders was held in Winnipeg on June 18, 2008.
- The RFQ was issued on August 19, 2008 with a closing date of September 30, 2008. The intention was to select three or four bidders for the RFP process.
- An optional RFQ information session with registered prospective bidders was held in Winnipeg on September 4, 2008.
- A number of submissions were received, all of which met the minimum requirements specified. On November 28, 2008, the three highest scoring respondents were short-listed to respond to the RFP. These were:
- KMC Winnipeg: Kiewit Management Co. (Project, Design-Construction, and Financing Lead); Bituminex Paving Ltd.(Maintenance Lead)
- Plenary Roads Winnipeg: Plenary Group (Project, Financing Lead), PCL Constructors Canada Inc. (Design-Construction Lead), Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd. (Maintenance Lead)
- SNC-Lavalin Inc: SNC-Lavalin Inc.(Project, Design Lead), SNC-Lavalin Constructors (Pacific) Inc. ( Construction Lead), SNC-Lavalin ProFac Inc.(Maintenance Lead), SNC-Lavalin Inc., Investment Division (Financing Team Lead)
- The RFP was issued on December 19, 2008, and submissions were received on October 28, 2009.
- Plenary Roads Winnipeg was selected as the preferred proponent on January 11, 2010 and will commence design and construction on March 30, 2010.
- The Fairness Advisor has verified that the RFQ and RFP processes were open, fair and competitive. Fairness Advisory Summary Comments
* Top of Page